Geonetics is always looking for talented individuals to help us grow together. Our developers work in a small team environment and develop on a wide variety of technology platforms. A diverse client base and broad project profiles assure that no two projects are alike and provide a rich and intellectually-challenging, and rewarding, learning environment.
We have the following positions available for immediate hire:
Senior Solutions Engineer
Looking for a senior-level software engineer with 5-8 years of experience. Must have demonstrated, hands-on knowledge of full-stack web and enterprise application architecture and coding. Needs to possess excellent communication skills, software architecture, and software development life-cycle methodologies experience. This positions will manage a team of 5-10 engineers. Must be able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly. Strong relational database design and data manipulation skills are essential including security, performance tuning optimization, stored procedures and transaction management. Must also have knowledge of web application and server configuration and specifications. Must be technically self-sufficient in diverse client technical environments. Approximately 60% of candidate’s time will be dedicated to architecture, design and technical management and 40% is hands-on coding work.
What We’re Looking For
- BS degree in Computer Science (software engineering)
- Minimum 6 years of hands-on programming experience
- 1 year team lead or solution architect in complex system implementation
- Must have strong relational database design and implementation experience.
- Solid understanding of web-based communication protocols and APIs including HTTP, REST, and SOAP standards. Preference for candidates with diverse back grounds in persistence, communication and application frameworks such as Entity Framework, MVC, and JQuery and presentation frameworks.
- Must be open-minded and flexible about using technologies
- Client Focused
- Excellent time management skills, organized
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
Solution Development and Delivery
- Assists in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions.
- Understands standard systems development life cycle processes and applies our methodology effectively on client engagements.
- Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Understands project and development plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Adheres to coding standards defined by technical management.
- Accurately employs our development tools.
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
What We’re Looking For
BS in Computer Science. Demonstrated ability in modern object-oriented software languages.
Eager, Fast Learner, Technical Curiosity.
Self-motivated. Able to work alone or in small teams.
Database and web experience a plus.